21 October 2009

Convocation

I've been wanting to post this for some time but I haven't been able to get proper internet connection. What I'm blogging may even be outdated by now.

10th October 2009, was convocation day for my wife and all my other batchmates....except me (and Ruzain). It was supposed to be a joyous day. A day of celebration. But in the days leading up to Convocation day, I could not help myself from feeling isolated. I felt increasingly depressed. And on the day itself, I felt like crying. I was sitting up there in the hall when everyone else was lining up to get the scroll. I shouldn't be up there. I should be with my batchmates, having fun, enjoying the company. I was so caught up with my emotions that I didn't get my wife any flowers. I broke my own principles that day...share your happiness with everyone, but not sadness. I unhappy person should not make everyone else sad. It was a bad day for me. The romantic guy and fun side of me was not there.

I spent every ounce of effort in me to smile that day. Try to be happy for others. I think I managed to pull it off...fake my happiness to everyone else. But deep inside it still hurts. The fact that I didn't get any flowers for my wife still haunts me now. Some people might say that I should take this as a motivation for me to do better. But I don't really care much. Right now, I don't even feel like going to my convocation. There's nothing to celebrate, only nightmares to forget.

I have another 4 weeks to go for my professional. I try to study, but I feel like a zombie. I don't feel anything. I just hope what I study stays in my head. My goal is just to get out of here. Hopefully by 20th November 2009, I can leave this place. Move on with my life. Its been a dark episode. I can only wish it will make me stronger. Thanks to everyone who supported me through all this. A proper appreciation speech is due after everything is over. I don't want to keep my hopes up.


No comments: