11 August 2009

The past 1 month...

The past 1 month was a test...starting life as a houseman on foreign grounds (Taiping is juz as foreign to me as Zanzibar) with foreign people, away from my beloved family&friends...& the most challenging part of it all - being away from my beloved hubby...we were just 1 month into our marriage & still soo crazy over each other...we were just getting the hang of doing everything together, up to the smal2 things like sharing a cone of ice cream together whenever we had d chance(my hubby usually end up eating up 3quarters of the ice cream!) ;)...
The 1st phase of housemen life was somewhat of a shock...i got thrown into O&G department (apparently the department most well-known for its weird policies& bad reputation toward housemen in Host Taiping)...we were given no tagging period...instead, 4days of my 'cuti rehat' was cut off (i was forced 2 fill in the leave application against my own will - 1 weird policy unveiled on my very 1st day!)...i was to use those precious 4days of my 'holiday' to gain every knowledge&skills needed before I start working as a fully functional housemen on my 5th day of houseman life...in other words, 4days of leave is for tagging at our own iniciative...of course, as a first-poster yang masih terkial2 nk belajar jd housemen & br nk adapt myself to the task & duties of a h/o, 4days certainly is not enough…& what more, since our o&g department r implementing the shift system, most of the time only 1 h/o are placed to cover the ward/labour room at 1 time…on my 1st week of working life, I wuz put in charge of 3places at once-covering labour room, clerking new admissions & assisting emergency cases in MOT…it wuz hectic, being in three places at once…once in a while my shift wud overlap with another more senior h/o & i wud feel temporary relief, but most of the time, it wuz just me alone to handle all those 3 places(kebetulan at that time also my department has a shortage of housemen)….it wuz scary bt miraculously I got thru…& I have soo much2thank for…my wonderful hubby4his endless support&comforting words…& its been tons of time that I cant help thinking how grateful I am to UIA for giving us good exposure toward clinical settings & giving us lots of opportunities for hands-on clinical experience when we were students in O&G posting…one of my colleague has never done repair/suture of episiotomy before as a student…in fact, her medical school doesn’t even let the students conduct deliveries…I am ever so grateful dat I wuz given d priviledge to experience all that b4hand before venturing out as an actual doctor…

As for the pain of being geographically separated from my hubby, I guess it takes longer than 1 month to get used to…I still cry when I hear my hubby’s voice over the phone…& almost everyday I would switch on my laptop& go thru our wedding& honeymoon pics & think of how wonderful it wud be if I cud be with with him at that moment…of course, time will heal…but nothing can change the simple fact that we are hopelessly crazy over each other…marriage is a bliss…I thank Allah for blessing me with a wonderful husband, the best I could ever ask for…& inshaAllah, if Allah permits, we wud be reunited again in taiping in another 4months’ time (my hubby & I are diligently counting down the days :))…inshaAllah our love would remain strong, if not stronger…all it takes is a lot of patience & tawakkal to Allah…we are facing this challenge as a team, both of us are in this together…to my dearest beloved hubby - be strong 4 me aite sayang :)...i love u with all my heart

3 comments:

MO Frust said...

U know im here for u baby...i love u too.there's just 4 months to go now aite :)

aishah aznan said...

huhu..sedihnye..teringat 3 bulan pisah dgn my hubby..huhu...i really know how both of u feel..mmg hari2 nangis n hari2 tgk gamba kitorg n skype..huhu..but insyaallah, with time..makin kuat..jgn risau...pray a lot..Allah will help

MO Frust said...

thanx Aishah.dah lame tak dengar kabor